Romantic Bedroom Ideas For Couples
How To Make Your Bedroom Look RomanticThe last thing you want to have happen on Valentine’s Day (or any other day for that matter) is to have a romantic mood disturbed by an unsightly bedroom. There are plenty of things that you can do to make your bedroom look romantic and many of them are actually pretty easy. Here are a few options to get you started.
- Use a canopy — This might be the most romantic option on this list. A combination of a flowy semi-sheer look and some colorful throw pillows will do the trick.
- Fireplace — Many a romantic movie scene has been filmed in front of a fireplace. This is no accident. A warm fire surrounded by a beautiful paint job or stone wall creates a perfect spot for romance.
- Eliminate distractions — Turn the TV off, or even better, take it out of the room altogether. Do the same with your phones and anything else that might distract from the time you should be focusing on each other.
- Paint it black — If you want a bold statement, try painting the walls or floors black. This will give your room a more intimate feeling.
- Evocative art — The right piece of abstract artwork adds a romantic touch to the bedroom. Those scenes have a way of making people want to dim the lights.
- Large plants — Welcome to the jungle? With some indoor trees and florals, your bedroom will become a garden oasis. It will be like an escape from your typical surroundings.
- New bedding — Surprise that special person with a new set of silk sheets. Combine that with a quilt and you’ve got a great spot to snuggle up. If you don’t want to spend on the new sheets, sometimes simply rearranging the room can be enough of a change to alter your perception. It will seem like you are on vacation. At least in the short term.
- Lacquer the walls — Lacquer paint has a high-shine gloss. It’ll make your bedroom feel sleek and sexy. Choose a color that will work with your bedding (or vice-versa). A $10 can of paint goes a long way. But don’t do this right before a special day because the fumes might put a damper on the mood.
- Create a cocoon — Hanging some curtains around the bed can dramatically increase your sense of privacy as well as intimacy. You’ll feel completely cut off from the rest of the world.
- Hang sheers — A set of semi-sheer curtains provides a sense of ethereal romance. They diffuse soft light to give you a dreamy effect.
- Background music — This one’s easy. A little bit of the right music is one of the best romantic bedroom ideas for couples. Just make sure it is not too loud so it won’t become a distraction.
- White is right — An all-white interior will channel a cloud-like dreaminess. Throw in something such as an antique mirror with an alluring presence and you’ll have attractive layers that you’ll love.
- Luxe headboards — A luxe headboard brings a sensation of romance in a garden or forest. This may be the perfect romantic touch if you prefer something that is a little less overtly romantic.
- Good lighting — The right lighting will go a long way toward setting a romantic mood. You should be shooting for soft lighting and not something that is too bright. Candles and lamps are great for this. Sometimes the dim light is best for the situation.
- Make it smell good — A candle is a great way to add a good scent to a room. Some scents are even thought to be an aphrodisiac. Something like jasmine or lavender might be just the thing to set the right mood in your bedroom. And an added bonus — they provide some romantic lighting! You can also try using some potpourri or incense. Things like sandalwood, patchouli, and woody scents seem to be enjoyable for both men and women.
Overcome The ObstaclesIt can be difficult to come up with romantic bedroom ideas for couples. And even when you do find something you like, there are often other obstacles that get in the way. Some of these problems may be your available space or the cost of making your romantic bedroom ideas for couples come to life. If you have a small bedroom, you may think that there are no good options, but there are still some things you can try.
- In order to make it feel more comfortable and not so cramped in a small room, you can remove any unnecessary furniture. One way to do this is to install a Murphy Bed. It’s the best way to save space in a small room. We’re going to go over what colors are best suited for romance later, but just know that we’ve got plenty of options for your Murphy Bed that will pair well with any color that puts you in a romantic mood.
- That romantic mood may not last long though if your mattress is no good. No bed is going to be comfortable without a quality mattress to go with it. The mattress is actually one of the most common parts of a Murphy Bed that we get questions about. Murphy Bed or not — make sure that the mattress you have doesn’t ruin any of your romantic bedroom ideas for couples.
- Use colors that have a romantic impression. These can be different colors to different people. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for your Murphy Bed that will look great along with any colors that make you feel romantic.
- Lighting can make all the difference in setting the perfect mood. You don’t want lights that are too bright. Sometimes the dim light is best for the situation.
A quick search for romantic bedroom ideas for couples on Pinterest was all it took to find this helpful information on romantic bedrooms on a budget.
- A $10 can of paint goes a long way. But don’t do this right before a special day because the fumes might put a damper on the mood.
- The scent is important. You can add just the right touch with some potpourri, incense, or candles. Make sure that you choose something both of you will enjoy. Things like sandalwood, patchouli, and woody scents seem to be enjoyable for both men and women.
- Simply rearranging the room can be enough of a change to alter your perception. It will seem like you are on vacation. At least in the short term.
- Some other ideas you could try include using signs with romantic words and thoughts, putting a couple of drops of perfume on the linens, use groupings of candles that are encased in glass, and put your engagement/wedding pictures on the wall — especially in black and white. There are many more ideas out there that are just a couple of clicks away.
A Neat And Clean RoomWhether you have a small bedroom or a gigantic one, it won’t be romantic if the things inside that room are not properly taken care of. This especially goes for your bed! There are a lot of aspects to taking proper care of your bed and everything that goes along with it. We’ve got a lot of experience with everything related to beds so we have prepared the Ultimate Bed Care Guide to help you keep your bed in the best — and most romantic — condition possible. This will help you with everything from what to wash and when to how to get rid of stains. Another excellent resource that you might want to take advantage of is this guide on how to care for a wallbed (or Murphy bed). The information in this guide doesn’t have to be limited to Wallbeds and Murphy Beds. The information can help you make sure that all of your furniture is looking as good as possible when you are in the mood for some romance.
“Getting Busy” On A Murphy BedSpeaking of romantic bedroom ideas for couples … one thing that comes up pretty often (almost every day) regarding Wallbeds and Murphy Beds is whether the beds are tough enough to handle people having sex on them. This is a good question and one that can be a little tricky to discuss in a professional setting. If this is something that you are worried about — don’t be. None of these romantic bedroom ideas for couples will matter if you have a bed that breaks in the middle of a romantic encounter. This is just one more reason that Wilding Wallbeds works so hard to make sure that our products have the highest quality in the industry. Our beds are tested to hold 4000 lbs (Piston Lift models), and 2000 lbs (Spring Lift models and Murphy Frame). Here’s a brief look at each of the mechanisms.
- Piston Lift — These wooden legs may not look as strong as they really are. Wilding Wallbeds has showcased the toughness of these legs with a series of weight tests on YouTube. In one of these tests, our Brittany model Murphy Bed was able to support a Volkswagen Jetta weighing over 3000 pounds! Check out the series here.
- Spring Lift — When the bed is open the leg is angled beneath the face of the bed, the more weight that is added, the more pressure there is forcing the leg under the bed. This engineering makes it impossible for the leg to slip out, even in the most passionate of moments.
The Most Romantic ColorWhat is the most romantic color to us with your romantic bedroom ideas for couples? The answer to that depends on who you ask. We all have our own perspectives and favorites. With that being said, there are some colors that are more popular than others. Here are four of them that you may like in your romantic bedroom.
- Raspberry pink — Some say that this is the color of love. It also looks great when combined with some other colors. Combine it with white for something that is crisp and clean. Or you could throw in some purple and blue — colors that are neighbors on the color wheel work well together for a relaxed look.
- Deep ruby red — This color is dark and sultry and will look great when combined with some black and neutral colors. If you are thinking of having a colored feature wall, this would be a great choice. Just make sure that there is plenty of light available in a room with this color.
- Caramel — Many people claim that this color leads to more romance than any other. Choosing a caramel that leans toward orange/peach sets the stage for a warm and inviting feel. It looks great with dark wood colors (we have plenty of those with our Murphy Beds!)
- Black — Black is quite possibly the sexiest color of them all. However, it isn’t always easy to use properly. Black can make your space feel small, so you’ll want to use it strategically. It doesn’t have to be on the walls. There are other ways to use black in your romantic bedroom ideas for couples. How about on the floor as an accent color?
Romance Outside The BedroomRomantic bedroom ideas for couples are important. Just as important is what you do before getting to the bedroom. Think back to when you first met. You probably went out and did all sorts of fun things together. It is natural for those fun activities to slow down as relationships progress and you settle into a routine. But the romance doesn’t have to die down. There are tons of romantic things that you can do with the one you love. In fact, here are 99 suggestions. Some of our favorites are listed below.
- Picnic In The Park — Assuming that the weather is nice, a picnic in the park is a great way to spend some time together and connect. If you have any food leftover, you can feed the ducks or birds.
- Make Dinner Together — You’ll spend some quality time working together to create a delicious meal. Then you can have a romantic dinner by candlelight before heading to bed.
- Write A Letter To Each Other — Some of us have a hard time expressing how we feel. It might be easier to put it down on paper. Tell your loved one how important they are and what you love about them.
- Take A Bubble Bath — As far as romance goes, this is right at the top of the list. Light some candles. Turn on some music. You might even add some essential oils for additional relaxation.
- Rent A Limo — This one can be a bit expensive. But sometimes you want to splurge for something that is going to make a night to remember for a lifetime.
- Visit The Place Where You First Met — Go back to that special place with your loved one. Recreate what you did on the first date. Reserve the same table at the restaurant. Try to make every detail just as it was back then.
- Write A Song — You can really make your significant other feel special by surprising them with a song written just for them. Plan a special date and then surprise them with this.
- Do Some Family History — Tracing your roots and learning where you came from is a great way to learn about each other and yourselves.
- Fun In The Water — On a hot day, not much is better than playing in the water to cool down. Take advantage of your sprinklers or the hose and just have some fun together. Then you can layout together as you dry off.
- Help The Animals — If you have time to spare, why not spend it together doing something to help? Walking dogs from an animal shelter will help you both to feel great about what you are doing while still getting to spend time and talk together.