Are Murphy Bunk Beds Safe? At What Age?
When coming up with a solution for kid’s bedrooms, many parents wonder when it’s safe to try bunk beds for their kids. Murphy bunk beds are an affordable way to save space in your kid’s room, leaving more room for play or other purposes.
When it comes to safety, there are a few things that are good to know about bunk beds:
- A safe recommended age for kids to sleep on bunk beds is age 12 years old and up. As parents, you’ll know when your kids are ready. When they are old enough to understand the dangers of jumping off they normally do fine on bunk beds.
- It may take a couple of nights for your kids to get used to it. Guard rails are important for kids who have never slept on the top bunk before. Once they have slept on a bunk bed for a few nights, however, they are not as likely to fall.
- It is important to take special care in assembling the bed properly. It is very uncommon for kids to break a bed that has been assembled correctly.
- This may seem like an obvious one, but horseplay and jumping on the bed, especially on the top bunk, is never a good idea.
- Important: Your kids may love their murphy bunk bed so much that they will actually look forward to bedtime!
Our Murphy Bunk Beds are of the highest quality available on the market today (i.e. no particle board!). Although our recommended weight limit is 250lbs, you’ll be amazed by this Murphy Bunk Bed weight test we did.
Cool Tip: we offer the option of installing a power outlet in your Murphy Bunk Bed so that whoever is sleeping on the top can plug their devices in such as phones, tablets, and night lights.
Murphy Bunk Bed Benefits
- Bunk Beds are perfect for the kid’s room. When the beds are put up there is plenty of space to provide a fun play area.
- Not just for kids, our Bunk Bed systems just as are comfortable for adults in comfort while freeing up valuable space during the day.
- Our Bunk Beds are also a great space-saving solution for cabins, lodges, and dormitories.