Golden Buck 2017
What is a Golden Buck you ask? The Golden Buck started out as a Wilding family tradition and has now become a company tradition as an Annual Employee Appreciation Brunch. The term "Golden Buck" comes from the golden cheese sauce that covers everything on the plate. This meal is so satisfying and filling that we have to send our employees home afterwards to take a much deserved nap.
- Add your foundation of bread (Pan Toast, English Muffin or Croissant)
- Center a fried egg or two on your bread
- Cover fried egg(s) with hash browns
- Cover hash browns with bacon (or Canadian bacon...or both)
- Cover everything with Golden Buck cheese sauce
Golden Buck Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and salt and stir until the butter and flour are well combined.
- Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens.
- Stir in grated cheese 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to melt between each addition.
- Add additional cheese and milk to reach desired taste and consistency.
The images below show the plate of one of our champion eaters. We like to have a friendly competition to see who can eat the most. Erick's plate (shown below) had 4 pieces of toast, 5 fried eggs, hash browns, 16-20 pieces of bacon, Canadian bacon and cheese sauce. Any guess on how many calories are on that plate? We are happy to inform you that Erick's heart pulled through and his cholesterol has returned to normal levels.
* This meal has not been approved by the American Heart Association.